I've been blessed to work in the tech industry for the last 30 years. I've served in nearly every role connected with the development and production of software products and services. I made a couple of tables below that sum up the breadth of my experience.
Why should you care? Well the guidance and mentorship I offer is based on real-world experience: hands-on coding, testing, writing, presenting, report-writing, you name it. I can truly empathize with you. I want to help you strategize on your professional growth, career, and your leadership of others in this space.
- If you're a non-manager, see v2 Geek Careers on this site to learn more.
- If you're a manager, visit www.GeekDyamics.net to learn more.
Toolie's Career to Date
- Software Development
- Information Technology (IT)
- Cloud Computing
Size of Company
- Solo Entrepreneurship (1)
- Startup (Fewer than 35 people)
- Corporations (14,000 to 250,000)
Types of Work
- Full-time Employment
- Software Developer (samples)
- Quality Assurance (testing)
- Technical Writer and Editor
- Program Manager (Agile/Scrum)
- Project Manager (Traditional PMO)
- Technical Analyst
What I Added to My Jobs
- Certified Scrum Master
- Agile Coach
- Conference Presentations in 24 countries
- Demo Presenter for Executives
- Booth Duty with Product Demos
- Training Classes and Curriculum Development
- Creating Developer Communities
- Direct Customer Interaction and Research
- Product Evangelism and Marketing
- Usability/User Interface Work
- Formal Mentorships
- Informal Mentorships